THE HYPOTHETICAL APOCALYPSE - AMES Bulletin

Latest

AMES Bulletin

One man’s “magic” is another man’s engineering

Saturday 22 December 2018

THE HYPOTHETICAL APOCALYPSE



-Prabin Dhakal, ME-4th year



Yeah, I remember the day!
I was in hostel, preparing for my SLC/Sendup Exams. I was already totally convinced that something is going to happen today!! But, I was glad I was about to be a part of something great. Yeah, I know, maybe that's a stupid thought, but I still have such thoughts, that's just me

I still remember the morning, it got really cold, with no sign of sun rising. We had a temperature sensor on the wall of the Horizon Hostel that read the lowest temperature I had ever experienced: 13 degrees Celsius!! What a nightmare!

My 15 year old mind was more and more convinced by the view of weather! My mindset created a timing set that either the apocalypse is going to start at 12:30 PM or 3:00 PM. I don't know where that came from but I already mentioned that's just me. 


As the day passed by, obviously nothing expected happened till 12:30 but interestingly, sun started to show some lights in the sky; which was a symbol of hope and a good thing.

As much I was satisfied and happy about "the world not ending", I always felt disappointed I couldn't be a part of something bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment